Lessons Contact Form
Found this in a fortune cookie:
Improving and learning jazz piano does not take a lot of time, it just takes some dedicated time. A person who focuses and practices for 20 minutes a day will progress a lot faster than someone who sits down and jams for two hours a day.
My approach to jazz lessons is pretty simple- we focus on what you want to work on. Usually we'll go through a song that you are working on or enjoy playing and try to open it up a little, break out of some habits and try some new stuff. I might suggest technical exercises or theory ideas to think about if I think it will help.
I don't have an agenda to push during jazz lessons. It's all about giving you something fun and useful thatyou can walk away with and use right away in your playing.
Lesson Details & Pricing:
- Requirements: a phone, or a webcam if you want to use skype.
- Cost: $50 for 45 minutes
- focus on solo and group playing
- we'll work on tunes you know, breaking out of habits and expanding how you approach the tunes you like to play
- easy technical exercises to give you more tools to use while playing
- utilize new ideas and techniques to give you more room to have fun while playing
- work on areas you want to know more about, such as blues, walking bass, latin, funk, reggae, etc...
- focus on having fun with your music!